Sex and Intimacy Issues
Generally speaking, sex therapy is the treatment of sexual dysfunctions. However, most of the time this type of therapy is not limited to only sexual issues with your partner. The purpose of sex therapy is based to deepen an individual or couple’s understanding of one another’s needs, desires in preparation for intimacy and/or pleasure, but also to help you work through abuse, trauma, embarrassing experiences, or religious/societal shaming.
Scientifically speaking, sex therapy is found to be beneficial for both couples and single individuals that are straight, gay, lesbian, transitioning, “vanilla”, or kink friendly. With this concept in mind, it is very common to have couples or single individuals engaging in sex therapy.
What benefits will I get from working with a sex therapist at Century City Counseling?
- Become a master communicator!
- Feel comfortable with yourself & shame-free in your skin.
- Feel secure & authentic in your intimate relationships.
- Enjoy connected, pleasure-filled sex with your partner(s).
Sex therapy is helpful when:
- You feel hopeless that you will ever get to enjoy a satisfying sex life.
- You feel disappointed with the sex in your relationship.
- You and your partner fight about sex (or avoid the subject altogether).
- You physically can’t have sex the way you used to.
- You have limited knowledge or experience with sex.
- You avoid sex because it’s painful, stressful, or anxiety-producing.
- You want to expand your sex horizons (e.g., Kink, Vanilla, BDSM, Voyeurism, etc.)
Our approach to sex therapy goes beyond the idea of fixing the problem. It focuses instead on creating the relationship you are longing to have and becoming the best person you can be.
If you have come this far, and are considering sex therapy, I hope you will give yourself an applause for your courage. Sex therapy is for anyone who wants more from love, intimacy, pleasure, and life.